Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) prevents unnecessary interruptions of services and project delays due to unexpected encounters with
buried utilities and infrastructure. Design engineers can incorporate the locations of existing utilities into their development plans,
thereby preempting the expensive and unnecessary relocation of buried infrastructure. In fact, the most recent Federal Highway Administration
study shows that for every $1 spent on SUE, a project cost savings of $4.62 was realized.
- Computer-Assisted Radar Tomography (CART) technology is revolutionizing the SUE process by allowing a three dimensional view of the subsurface.
- Our SUE services, which utilize CART and additional technologies such as Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), vacuum excavation, and radio-frequency electromagnetics, are listed below.
- Comprehensive Utility Designation/Location of Underground Assets
- Visual Inventory of Existing Utilities
- Designation of Utilities
- Extensive Review of As-Builts and Other Records
- Vacuum Excavation for Precise Location of Designated Utilities
- Non-Destructive, Minimal Disturbance Location Verification
- Precise Depth and Horizontal Location in Critical Areas
- Data Management
- AutoCAD/Microstation Plans
- GIS-Compatible Formats
- Three-Dimensional Renderings