One-stop analytical testing for organic and inorganic chemistry
GEL offers extensive full service organic, inorganic and specialty analyses. With precise instrumentation and rigorous processes, our laboratory can safely process samples in virtually every matrix — drinking water, wastewater, groundwater, soil, oil, sludge, air, filters, biota, fauna, food, hazardous and mixed waste characterization, and more.
Our work supports customers of all types and sizes — from multi-year, large-scale U.S. Department of Energy and military projects, to industrial testing and monitoring, to private individuals and property owners.
We approach every project with the same dedication to fast, accurate data analysis and reporting. Our multiple reporting platforms include nearly 300 different electronic data deliverable formats. We tailor many of our deliverables based on the individual client’s needs.
Organics laboratory capabilities
- Volatile and semivolatile organic analysis with methods that include SW846, EPA 600, and EPA 524.2 low-level volatile organics using 20 GC/MS instruments.
- Analysis of pesticides, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), herbicides, haloacetic acids, and gasoline/diesel/oil range organics using SW846, EPA 600, and EPA 500 methods with 7 dual GC/ECD plus 5 GC/FID instruments.
- Analysis of explosives and PAHs by SW846 using 4 HPLC instruments.
- Analysis of Per-(poly) fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) compounds using 5 LC/MS/MS instruments. We analyze PFAS by EPA 537 and 533 for drinking water samples. EPA 537 Modified, which meets the QSM 5.1 Table B-15 specifications, is utilized for AFFF, liquid, and solid samples. Click here to view our current PFAS capabilities including analytes and limits. To view a brief video about our PFAS analysis and capabilities click here.
- Analysis of explosives and perchlorate using 3 LC/MS/MS instruments. GEL analyzes all the standard SW846 8330 explosives including PETN and nitroglycerin, and we have also developed methods for 2,4-DNT, 2,6-DNT, 3,5-DNA, TATB and TCP.
Inorganic chemistry capabilities
- Analysis of metals and mercury using SW846 and the EPA 200 series with 5 ICP/MS, 4 ICP and 2 CVAA instruments.
- Analysis of Arsenic and other heavy metals in food.
- Analysis of low-level mercury by EPA method 1631E with 2 CVAA instruments.
- A variety of supporting chemistry methods including ion chromatography for the analysis of anions and perchlorate using SW846 and EPA 300 methods.
- Analysis of total halides, total carbon, phenols and nutrients with various wet chemistry procedures using SW846, EPA, and ASTM methods.